"Saatchi Your Gallery" starts "Show down"
I like this idea, to let users vote for art
, the "best" gets a nice win of 1000 pounds, and there is a sort of kick, maybe to follow. But when will the first smart scripts arrive voting automatically ? Some artworks already on the first day of submission refer to the visitor with a "Vote for me!"-tag. Will art with sex-themes and nudes take too much attention and votes in advantage ? It turns out to be a lottery for artists. So lets include bet function too ;)
I think this idea of voting for artworks has maybe a lot of potential. What I don't like, and some questions here:
- the overall bad user interface, you find yourself looking minutes for the most common links
-Is there any master plan against art behind, as it is this what comes to mind when seeing the unclear and bad site structure and the ugly design ?
- the slow page load
- the bad thumbnail and image quality
- Why not a comment function for every image, or at least on every artist-page ?
- I tried the chat 20 times with different artists, it never worked
- Why is there no counter ?
- Why only 8 works for every artist page ?
- Why to start with the submission two weeks before the voting starts ? Why the voting starts not immediately ?
- What sense makes the flash-preview for thumbnail-images ?
- Why is the Gallery-Logo so ugly and so huge, that it takes 4/5 size of my screen ?
Link to Showdown
Labels: Neue Kunst, online art, Saatchi, vote